A new Brickssoldier Special !
WW2 German Range Finder (Entfernungsmesser)
Custom product handcrafted by Brickssoldier
Designed in cooperation with Woody64
2 Versions are available:
- Dark Green Waffenfarbe Range Finder with wooden tripod
- Tan (DAK) Range Finder with wooden tripod
- The range finder is attached to the tripod with a pin and can roatate freely 360 degrees
- The range finder can be detached from the tripod and used separately. It fits to the hand of minifigure
- Complains of broken parts will not be accepted
- Minifigure is not included
A rangefinder is a device that measures distance from the observer to a target, in a process called ranging.
When using any artillery or anti-aircraft guns effectively, accurately estimating range to the target is critical to the success of a direct hit on the target. Many armies around the world employed optical equipment specially designed for range finding. The German’s like most other armies favoured the coincidence of images principal. These Rangefinders using this coincidence theory work on the known principal of triangulation were by knowing the distance between two points which we call the base line (i.e. the two objective lens being 1000mm apart in the device) and the angle of these two points relative to the target, one can work out the distance by using trigonometry.
This set contains small parts and is not intended for childern under 3 years.
WW2 German Range Finder