WW2 German Kriegsmarine Side Cap 9th U-Boat Flotilla

Custom headgear by Brickssoldier

 

The 9th U-boat Flotilla (German 9. Unterseebootsflottille) was formed in October 1941 in Brest. It became operational in April 1942, after the first combat ready u-boat, U-213, reached the Brest base on 20 March 1942. The flotilla operated mostly various marks of the Type VII U-boat and it concentrated its efforts mainly in the North Atlantic, against convoys to and from Great Britain. The flotilla served from Brest until the base was threatened with being captured by American forces. The last of the flotilla's U-boats, the U-256 left Brest on 4 September 1944 for Bergen, Norway, and this marked the end of the 9th Flotilla. All its surviving boats were reassigned to the 11th U-boat Flotilla in Bergen.

The symbol of the 9th Flotilla, Der lachende Schwertfisch or the "laughing Swordfish" became the unit symbol after Lehmann-Willenbrock assumed command. It has previously been the conning tower emblem on his previous command, U-96 of "Das Boot" fame.

 

This set contains small parts and is not intended for childern under 3 years.

WW2 German Kriegsmarine Side Cap 9th U-Boat Flotilla

SKU: 667
€3.40Price

    © 2018 by BRICKSSOLDIER

    brickssoldier@gmail.com

    • Facebook Social Icon
    • YouTube Social  Icon
    • Instagram Social Icon
    • Pinterest Social Icon
    • Flickr Social Icon

    Disclaimers:
    - This website does not sell LEGO® products. These are re-used LEGO® elements that have been repackaged or altered from their original form. LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group of companies. The LEGO Group does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this website nor any of the customized/modified products shown on this site.
    - This website does not sell toys. All products on this website are not intended for use by children of less than 14 years of age.